Handsome Paul knew how to pose! Instead of looking right into the camera he’s staring off giving his best angle. This was most likely taken in the 1930s or early 40s, looking at the sharp point of the collar and lapel style. This photo offers a nice close-up view of what a straw boater looks like, and it is super nice with the double band detail.
Photobooth Paul in a straw boater
2 responses to “Photobooth Paul in a straw boater”
- “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls.” Ted Grant
- Sister tumblr @ bowlersandhighcollars.tumblr.com Content will vary between the two blogs.
- Follow Bowlers And High Collars on WordPress.com
- Warning: two future heartbreakers in the making!
- Frozen in time by ‘The Elliotts, Makers of Pictures’
- Fashionably Victorian in Adrian, Michigan
- De’Ath & Condon vignette portrait
- Against the rose curtain
- The same couple on two postcards
- As if catching his reflection in the oval mirror…
- Early Colombia Portrait Company button photograph
- A summer day in the countryside
- “Guess Who?”
All photographs with site watermark are in the private collection of Caroline E. Ryan and most are not presented "as is".
They have been digitally restored or modified to varying degrees.
Light restoration works are under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Creative Common License.
The more extensive restorations are digital derivative works copyrighted to Caroline C. Ryan. All Rights Reserved.
DO NOT remove the photographs' watermark/URL. Permission is not granted to modify digital files for online publication or publication of collections such as CDs.
Permission is not granted to do reprints or offer digital files for commercial use.
Please contact me if your website is of historical or educational nature.
Copyright for Bamforth & Co. postcards in this collection remain with the proper current legal license owner and I make no claims to the digital files.
Thank you, dear followers!
- 52,772 hits
Blog est. March 19, 2015