From what I know this picture was taken in Washington D.C. It’s widely available in print but I don’t know who the photographer was. A great, great picture however, of two boys running ahead of two cops on motorcycles and side cars. Most likely taken in the late 10s, it gives a furtive taste of how free kids were to roam the streets, something I’m happy to say I am old enough to have experienced myself, free of smart phones, free to run wild until you got home and mom gave you a scolding for staying out so late.
Running wild by the streetcar
2 responses to “Running wild by the streetcar”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls.” Ted Grant
- Sister tumblr @ bowlersandhighcollars.tumblr.com Content will vary between the two blogs.
- Follow Bowlers And High Collars on WordPress.com
Join 5,055 other subscribers
- An artistic profile
- Stylish Mr. John Wilber Tudor
- 1950s 10th Regiment Infantryman
- Warning: two future heartbreakers in the making!
- Frozen in time by ‘The Elliotts, Makers of Pictures’
- Fashionably Victorian in Adrian, Michigan
- De’Ath & Condon vignette portrait
- Against the rose curtain
- The same couple on two postcards
All photographs with site watermark are in the private collection of Caroline E. Ryan and most are not presented "as is".
They have been digitally restored or modified to varying degrees.
Light restoration works are under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Creative Common License.
The more extensive restorations are digital derivative works copyrighted to Caroline C. Ryan. All Rights Reserved.
DO NOT remove the photographs' watermark/URL. Permission is not granted to modify digital files for online publication or publication of collections such as CDs.
Permission is not granted to do reprints or offer digital files for commercial use.
Please contact me if your website is of historical or educational nature.
Copyright for Bamforth & Co. postcards in this collection remain with the proper current legal license owner and I make no claims to the digital files.
Thank you, dear followers!
- 173,403 hits
Blog est. March 19, 2015
June 10th, 2015 at 12:52 am
It is a carefree picture, everyone seems to be smiling.
LikeLiked by 1 person
June 10th, 2015 at 12:54 am
‘Run like they left the gate open!’ is a recurring joke in my household. :)
LikeLiked by 1 person