I love this candid portrait. Of course I tend to say this about every picture in my collection, but this young worker was captured on a field, his clothes tattered and his hair greasy, and I doubt it was from pomade…yet in his humanity he’s absolutely gorgeous.
Candid portrait of young rural worker
2 responses to “Candid portrait of young rural worker”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls.” Ted Grant
- Sister tumblr @ bowlersandhighcollars.tumblr.com Content will vary between the two blogs.
- Follow Bowlers And High Collars on WordPress.com
Join 5,055 other subscribers
- An artistic profile
- Stylish Mr. John Wilber Tudor
- 1950s 10th Regiment Infantryman
- Warning: two future heartbreakers in the making!
- Frozen in time by ‘The Elliotts, Makers of Pictures’
- Fashionably Victorian in Adrian, Michigan
- De’Ath & Condon vignette portrait
- Against the rose curtain
- The same couple on two postcards
All photographs with site watermark are in the private collection of Caroline E. Ryan and most are not presented "as is".
They have been digitally restored or modified to varying degrees.
Light restoration works are under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Creative Common License.
The more extensive restorations are digital derivative works copyrighted to Caroline C. Ryan. All Rights Reserved.
DO NOT remove the photographs' watermark/URL. Permission is not granted to modify digital files for online publication or publication of collections such as CDs.
Permission is not granted to do reprints or offer digital files for commercial use.
Please contact me if your website is of historical or educational nature.
Copyright for Bamforth & Co. postcards in this collection remain with the proper current legal license owner and I make no claims to the digital files.
Thank you, dear followers!
- 173,015 hits
Blog est. March 19, 2015
August 10th, 2015 at 3:37 pm
This is a great photo! I love these kinds of photos because they show people in their everyday life. This is so spontaneous :-).
LikeLiked by 1 person
August 11th, 2015 at 12:00 pm
It is! Gritty and beautiful. It’s hard to imagine it was taken so long ago.