The pose is great and the young man is the poster boy for a recruitment advert. So I set to research some more about him. If you want to find out how the process went, keep on reading.
Tag Archives: 1911
2 Comments | tags: 1910s, 1911, army, campaign hat, handsome man, hottie, infantry, m1903 springfield rifle, Mexican Border Campaign, Mexican Border War, montana hat, national guard, uniform, US military, WWI era | posted in Military, RPPCs
- “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls.” Ted Grant
- Sister tumblr @ bowlersandhighcollars.tumblr.com Content will vary between the two blogs.
- Follow Bowlers And High Collars on WordPress.com
Join 5,054 other followers
- An artistic profile
- Stylish Mr. John Wilber Tudor
- 1950s 10th Regiment Infantryman
- Warning: two future heartbreakers in the making!
- Frozen in time by ‘The Elliotts, Makers of Pictures’
- Fashionably Victorian in Adrian, Michigan
- De’Ath & Condon vignette portrait
- Against the rose curtain
- The same couple on two postcards
All photographs with site watermark are in the private collection of Caroline E. Ryan and most are not presented "as is".
They have been digitally restored or modified to varying degrees.
Light restoration works are under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Creative Common License.
The more extensive restorations are digital derivative works copyrighted to Caroline C. Ryan. All Rights Reserved.
DO NOT remove the photographs' watermark/URL. Permission is not granted to modify digital files for online publication or publication of collections such as CDs.
Permission is not granted to do reprints or offer digital files for commercial use.
Please contact me if your website is of historical or educational nature.
Copyright for Bamforth & Co. postcards in this collection remain with the proper current legal license owner and I make no claims to the digital files.
Thank you, dear followers!
- 163,815 hits
Blog est. March 19, 2015