These two photographs are of the same pilot. The captions are annotations found on the back. We have dates and places. This pilot wrote everything but his name…On the first he’s at the helm of a single engine civilian airplane even though he’s wearing his uniform. I’ve tried to make out the model but can’t. On the second I see what looks like barracks behind him. Texas was the state for the USAAF to train during WWII. Well, at least we know he made it through!
The 1944 U.S Army Air Force pilot
- “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls.” Ted Grant
- Sister tumblr @ bowlersandhighcollars.tumblr.com Content will vary between the two blogs.
- Follow Bowlers And High Collars on WordPress.com
- An artistic profile
- Stylish Mr. John Wilber Tudor
- 1950s 10th Regiment Infantryman
- Warning: two future heartbreakers in the making!
- Frozen in time by ‘The Elliotts, Makers of Pictures’
- Fashionably Victorian in Adrian, Michigan
- De’Ath & Condon vignette portrait
- Against the rose curtain
- The same couple on two postcards
All photographs with site watermark are in the private collection of Caroline E. Ryan and most are not presented "as is".
They have been digitally restored or modified to varying degrees.
Light restoration works are under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Creative Common License.
The more extensive restorations are digital derivative works copyrighted to Caroline C. Ryan. All Rights Reserved.
DO NOT remove the photographs' watermark/URL. Permission is not granted to modify digital files for online publication or publication of collections such as CDs.
Permission is not granted to do reprints or offer digital files for commercial use.
Please contact me if your website is of historical or educational nature.
Copyright for Bamforth & Co. postcards in this collection remain with the proper current legal license owner and I make no claims to the digital files.
Thank you, dear followers!
- 117,202 hits
Blog est. March 19, 2015